Monday 3 November 2014

Fishing for homework

       As I shuffled into the classroom, I knew that Mr. Van Camp would never believe me. I looked at my scuffed shoes and mumbled, " My homework is not done, Sir. I do have a good excuse though."

       " This is not the first time your homework has not been completed. Perhaps," Mr. Van Camp suggested, "it's time to speak with your parents."

       "Please, you have no idea what will happen to me if you phone my home," I moaned. It looked as if he was going to fall for my story.

      "Well, let's hear your excuse. It better be good."
     
      "Yesterday, at 6 o'clock p.m. I was out fishing with my father just before the sunlight withered into darkness. I awaited the response of the bobber to splash into the water," I whisper, "patiently."

      Mr. Van Camp inquires, "Why were you fishing instead of doing your homework?"

     "I was doing my homework while my time passed upon my canoe."

     "So, what happened to your homework then?" mentions Mr. Van Camp.

     I whisper, "I had felt a swift tug on the rod and I began to pull and the canoe began it's slow descent into the blue water."

     "You know that it's the middle of Winter right?"
   
     "Well, I enjoy the danger," I remark, "of the chilled waters and the taste of their fish that inhabit the darkness below the film of ice. As the canoe tipped and only the wooden peak protruded from the water, I scrambled to stay above the water and to find my homework."

     "A fish for dinner, and a piece of paper for myself is all we need otherwise I am the danger," whispered Mr. Van Camp.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment